Jul 8, 2010, 4:13 PM EDT
Brian McTaggart of MLB.com tweets that scouts from the Dodgers, Phillies, Rays and
Mets are in Houston today to watch Roy Oswalt pitch against the Pirates.
Interesting, but at least two of those teams — the Dodgers and Mets — have been reported to be wary to take on payroll, and Oswalt = lots of money. The Rays — Cliff Lee rumors notwithstanding — probably need starting pitching less than they need offense, and it’s not like they’re so loaded that they’re likely to assume Oswalt’s salary, regardless of what their owner says in public. The Phillies may be panicking a bit, so sure, I can see it, especially considering how much Ed Wade like to trade with the Phils.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)