Jul 8, 2010, 9:42 AM EST
Mike Stanton hit a big three-run homer in last night’s Marlins-Dodgers game. Check it out here and see if you notice anything interesting about it. I’ll wait.
See that? I didn’t at first, but Dave Brown over at Big League Stew brought it to my attention: the ball lands right in the catcher’s mitt laying on the ground in the bullpen. Once you’re paying attention, you see left fielder Garret Anderson checking it out.
Which leads to the line of the day, courtesy of Brown: “It might be the first time Anderson was recorded reacting to anything on
a baseball field.”
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (158)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)