Jul 8, 2010, 9:42 AM EDT
Mike Stanton hit a big three-run homer in last night’s Marlins-Dodgers game. Check it out here and see if you notice anything interesting about it. I’ll wait.
See that? I didn’t at first, but Dave Brown over at Big League Stew brought it to my attention: the ball lands right in the catcher’s mitt laying on the ground in the bullpen. Once you’re paying attention, you see left fielder Garret Anderson checking it out.
Which leads to the line of the day, courtesy of Brown: “It might be the first time Anderson was recorded reacting to anything on
a baseball field.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)