Jul 8, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Those scouts I mentioned earlier? They had to like what they saw.
Roy Oswalt absolutely destroyed the Pirates’ lineup this afternoon, throwing a one-hit shutout. That hit came in the first inning. Other than that and a couple of walks, he was basically invincible. Granted, it was the Pirates, but still. On the offensive side, Lance Berkman hit two homers, making five for him in his last four games.
The Astros aren’t going anywhere, but at least their trade bait is doing well.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)