Jul 8, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Those scouts I mentioned earlier? They had to like what they saw.
Roy Oswalt absolutely destroyed the Pirates’ lineup this afternoon, throwing a one-hit shutout. That hit came in the first inning. Other than that and a couple of walks, he was basically invincible. Granted, it was the Pirates, but still. On the offensive side, Lance Berkman hit two homers, making five for him in his last four games.
The Astros aren’t going anywhere, but at least their trade bait is doing well.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (246)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (147)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)