Jul 8, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Those scouts I mentioned earlier? They had to like what they saw.
Roy Oswalt absolutely destroyed the Pirates’ lineup this afternoon, throwing a one-hit shutout. That hit came in the first inning. Other than that and a couple of walks, he was basically invincible. Granted, it was the Pirates, but still. On the offensive side, Lance Berkman hit two homers, making five for him in his last four games.
The Astros aren’t going anywhere, but at least their trade bait is doing well.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (96)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)