Jul 8, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Those scouts I mentioned earlier? They had to like what they saw.
Roy Oswalt absolutely destroyed the Pirates’ lineup this afternoon, throwing a one-hit shutout. That hit came in the first inning. Other than that and a couple of walks, he was basically invincible. Granted, it was the Pirates, but still. On the offensive side, Lance Berkman hit two homers, making five for him in his last four games.
The Astros aren’t going anywhere, but at least their trade bait is doing well.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 1
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 10
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)