Jul 8, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Those scouts I mentioned earlier? They had to like what they saw.
Roy Oswalt absolutely destroyed the Pirates’ lineup this afternoon, throwing a one-hit shutout. That hit came in the first inning. Other than that and a couple of walks, he was basically invincible. Granted, it was the Pirates, but still. On the offensive side, Lance Berkman hit two homers, making five for him in his last four games.
The Astros aren’t going anywhere, but at least their trade bait is doing well.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)