Jul 8, 2010, 1:33 PM EDT
Try not to faint at the the shock, but Susan Slusser reports that Eric Chavez, who is suffering from a neck injury, may not be
back until September.
Chavez was placed on the 60-day disabled list Wednesday to make some roster space, but he’s eligible to come off it on July 20th. Based on this news that’s highly unlikely, however.
I was about to say “looks like we’ve seen the end of Eric Chavez,” but I think, for all practical purposes, we saw the end of him sometime in 2006.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 21
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 22
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)