Jul 8, 2010, 1:33 PM EDT
Try not to faint at the the shock, but Susan Slusser reports that Eric Chavez, who is suffering from a neck injury, may not be
back until September.
Chavez was placed on the 60-day disabled list Wednesday to make some roster space, but he’s eligible to come off it on July 20th. Based on this news that’s highly unlikely, however.
I was about to say “looks like we’ve seen the end of Eric Chavez,” but I think, for all practical purposes, we saw the end of him sometime in 2006.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)