Jul 8, 2010, 1:33 PM EDT
Try not to faint at the the shock, but Susan Slusser reports that Eric Chavez, who is suffering from a neck injury, may not be
back until September.
Chavez was placed on the 60-day disabled list Wednesday to make some roster space, but he’s eligible to come off it on July 20th. Based on this news that’s highly unlikely, however.
I was about to say “looks like we’ve seen the end of Eric Chavez,” but I think, for all practical purposes, we saw the end of him sometime in 2006.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)