Jul 8, 2010, 1:33 PM EST
Try not to faint at the the shock, but Susan Slusser reports that Eric Chavez, who is suffering from a neck injury, may not be
back until September.
Chavez was placed on the 60-day disabled list Wednesday to make some roster space, but he’s eligible to come off it on July 20th. Based on this news that’s highly unlikely, however.
I was about to say “looks like we’ve seen the end of Eric Chavez,” but I think, for all practical purposes, we saw the end of him sometime in 2006.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)