Jul 8, 2010, 1:33 PM EDT
Try not to faint at the the shock, but Susan Slusser reports that Eric Chavez, who is suffering from a neck injury, may not be
back until September.
Chavez was placed on the 60-day disabled list Wednesday to make some roster space, but he’s eligible to come off it on July 20th. Based on this news that’s highly unlikely, however.
I was about to say “looks like we’ve seen the end of Eric Chavez,” but I think, for all practical purposes, we saw the end of him sometime in 2006.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)