Jul 8, 2010, 11:12 AM EST
Pirates president Frank Coonelly said yesterday that Octavio Dotel “is
not on the trading block,” denying multiple reports to the contrary.
This is the same Frank Coonelly who repeatedly denied my report that Dotel had been given a ~$3 million offer over the winter, only to have it revealed later that, yeah, he had been given a ~$3 million offer. He also said that he was going to tender Matt Capps a contract before failing to do so and hid the fact that he had given his manager and GM contract extensions in the offseason.
Not sayin’ I’m always right about everything — I’m not — but I don’t think Coonelly has exactly earned a reputation as a straight shooter.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 121
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (124)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)