Jul 8, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
Pirates president Frank Coonelly said yesterday that Octavio Dotel “is
not on the trading block,” denying multiple reports to the contrary.
This is the same Frank Coonelly who repeatedly denied my report that Dotel had been given a ~$3 million offer over the winter, only to have it revealed later that, yeah, he had been given a ~$3 million offer. He also said that he was going to tender Matt Capps a contract before failing to do so and hid the fact that he had given his manager and GM contract extensions in the offseason.
Not sayin’ I’m always right about everything — I’m not — but I don’t think Coonelly has exactly earned a reputation as a straight shooter.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 33
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 15
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (207)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)