Jul 8, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
Pirates president Frank Coonelly said yesterday that Octavio Dotel “is
not on the trading block,” denying multiple reports to the contrary.
This is the same Frank Coonelly who repeatedly denied my report that Dotel had been given a ~$3 million offer over the winter, only to have it revealed later that, yeah, he had been given a ~$3 million offer. He also said that he was going to tender Matt Capps a contract before failing to do so and hid the fact that he had given his manager and GM contract extensions in the offseason.
Not sayin’ I’m always right about everything — I’m not — but I don’t think Coonelly has exactly earned a reputation as a straight shooter.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)