Jul 8, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
Pirates president Frank Coonelly said yesterday that Octavio Dotel “is
not on the trading block,” denying multiple reports to the contrary.
This is the same Frank Coonelly who repeatedly denied my report that Dotel had been given a ~$3 million offer over the winter, only to have it revealed later that, yeah, he had been given a ~$3 million offer. He also said that he was going to tender Matt Capps a contract before failing to do so and hid the fact that he had given his manager and GM contract extensions in the offseason.
Not sayin’ I’m always right about everything — I’m not — but I don’t think Coonelly has exactly earned a reputation as a straight shooter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)