Jul 8, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
There were 42 total homers hit on Tuesday, which was a season high. Yesterday sluggers topped that, smacking 47. Adam Dunn led the charge with three, but Matt Holliday,
Buster Posey, Casey Kotchman (?!) and Martin Prado all had two-homer nights. Maybe it was the heat. Maybe it was too many bad pitchers aligning in the cosmos. Maybe it was just freaky.
All I know for sure is that, despite offense obviously being a bit down this year, I won’t really get too crazy that “it’s the new year of the pitcher” stuff that’s been going around until lots of games are played in July and August. Some pitchers get tired. Some batters heat up. Lots of stuff happens.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)