Jul 8, 2010, 8:25 AM EST
There were 42 total homers hit on Tuesday, which was a season high. Yesterday sluggers topped that, smacking 47. Adam Dunn led the charge with three, but Matt Holliday,
Buster Posey, Casey Kotchman (?!) and Martin Prado all had two-homer nights. Maybe it was the heat. Maybe it was too many bad pitchers aligning in the cosmos. Maybe it was just freaky.
All I know for sure is that, despite offense obviously being a bit down this year, I won’t really get too crazy that “it’s the new year of the pitcher” stuff that’s been going around until lots of games are played in July and August. Some pitchers get tired. Some batters heat up. Lots of stuff happens.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)