Jul 8, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
John Danks tossed a two-hit shutout this afternoon as the White Sox completed a four-game sweep of the Angels.
Since beginning the season 24-33 amid stories about how manager Ozzie Guillen and general manager Ken Williams were feuding the White Sox have won 22 of 27 games to pull within a half-game of first place in the AL Central.
Even more impressive is that they’ve won series versus three different first-place teams (Tigers, Braves, Rangers) during that 27-game stretch and just took four straight from an Angels team that was 46-38 before coming to Chicago.
If the Rangers beat the Orioles tonight the Angels will be 6.5 games out of first place in the AL West, which is certainly unfamiliar territory for Mike Scioscia and company. In fact, the Angels haven’t been this far out of first place since 2006.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)