Jul 9, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
He notes today that the Tigers have pushed back Porcello’s latest AAA start from today until tomorrow, and says it’s not because of an injury. Rather, he’s told that the Tigers made the decision from up in Detroit and that the pushback may be to accommodate a scouting contingent coming in from out of town.
There haven’t been any reports of the Tigers looking to move Porcello before now, but Morosi says the Tigers don’t rule anything out when it comes to this kind of stuff and that no one is “untouchable.”
It would be hard for the Tigers to cut bait on Porcello a mere year after his auspicious debut, but the fact is that the Tigers are poised to win now, Porcello isn’t helping them and if he could be flipped for a pitcher or a shortstop or something that could help them take control of the Central, they probably feel like they have to make that deal.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)