Jul 9, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
He notes today that the Tigers have pushed back Porcello’s latest AAA start from today until tomorrow, and says it’s not because of an injury. Rather, he’s told that the Tigers made the decision from up in Detroit and that the pushback may be to accommodate a scouting contingent coming in from out of town.
There haven’t been any reports of the Tigers looking to move Porcello before now, but Morosi says the Tigers don’t rule anything out when it comes to this kind of stuff and that no one is “untouchable.”
It would be hard for the Tigers to cut bait on Porcello a mere year after his auspicious debut, but the fact is that the Tigers are poised to win now, Porcello isn’t helping them and if he could be flipped for a pitcher or a shortstop or something that could help them take control of the Central, they probably feel like they have to make that deal.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11