Jul 9, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News is talking to a source — I’m guessing a Yankees source — who says there will be big trouble in baseball if the Rangers get Cliff Lee:
“There will be a battle royale over this if Texas
gets Lee . . . Every other team in baseball is supplementing the
Rangers right now, so they have no business taking on Lee’s salary.”
That’s pretty incredible, actually, especially if it comes from a Yankees source. Baseball has given the Yankees a partial monopoly on the largest media market in the United States and, if it weren’t for the other 29 teams, the Yankees wouldn’t have any games to show on their big shiny network. To hear someone from that team complain about subsidies and that sort of thing is really, really rich.
I guess this guy would prefer that baseball do with the Rangers what it did with the Expos: tie their hands completely and let them die on the vine.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona