Jul 9, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News is talking to a source — I’m guessing a Yankees source — who says there will be big trouble in baseball if the Rangers get Cliff Lee:
“There will be a battle royale over this if Texas
gets Lee . . . Every other team in baseball is supplementing the
Rangers right now, so they have no business taking on Lee’s salary.”
That’s pretty incredible, actually, especially if it comes from a Yankees source. Baseball has given the Yankees a partial monopoly on the largest media market in the United States and, if it weren’t for the other 29 teams, the Yankees wouldn’t have any games to show on their big shiny network. To hear someone from that team complain about subsidies and that sort of thing is really, really rich.
I guess this guy would prefer that baseball do with the Rangers what it did with the Expos: tie their hands completely and let them die on the vine.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54