Jul 9, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
Justin Morneau remains out of the Twins’ lineup after taking a knee to the helmet breaking up a double play Wednesday night and Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that he’s now “questionable for this weekend’s Tigers series and the All-Star game.”
Morneau was voted in as the American League’s starter at first base and ranks second in the league in OPS, hitting .345/.437/.618 with 18 homers, 25 doubles, and 50 walks in 81 games.
Miguel Cabrera would surely get the starting nod if Morneau it unavailable and it would seemingly make sense for the AL to add MLB.com “Final Vote” runner-up Kevin Youkilis to replace him on the roster if needed.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)