Jul 9, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Justin Morneau remains out of the Twins’ lineup after taking a knee to the helmet breaking up a double play Wednesday night and Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that he’s now “questionable for this weekend’s Tigers series and the All-Star game.”
Morneau was voted in as the American League’s starter at first base and ranks second in the league in OPS, hitting .345/.437/.618 with 18 homers, 25 doubles, and 50 walks in 81 games.
Miguel Cabrera would surely get the starting nod if Morneau it unavailable and it would seemingly make sense for the AL to add MLB.com “Final Vote” runner-up Kevin Youkilis to replace him on the roster if needed.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)