Jul 9, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
The fact that Jayson Werth has a lot of suitors might suit him just fine, because he’s not exactly enamored with Phillies fans right now. Well, at least one of them.
Last night Werth ranged over the the first base line to try and catch a foul ball. And he probably would have gotten it if it hadn’t been for a fan pulling a Bartman and catching it himself. Check out
the video here.
Look, I get the whole “caught up in the moment” thing, especially when you’re at the game with your kid like Mr. Green shirt was. But if you have those seats how do you not remind yourself during the game that — hey — our ace right fielder might be able to reach in here and catch it?
To the fan’s credit, he looked sufficiently shamed. And hey, at least it didn’t end up costing Philly the ballgame. But gee whiz.
(screen cap by Dan McQuade)
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 7
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 44
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 83
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 68
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)