Jul 9, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
The fact that Jayson Werth has a lot of suitors might suit him just fine, because he’s not exactly enamored with Phillies fans right now. Well, at least one of them.
Last night Werth ranged over the the first base line to try and catch a foul ball. And he probably would have gotten it if it hadn’t been for a fan pulling a Bartman and catching it himself. Check out
the video here.
Look, I get the whole “caught up in the moment” thing, especially when you’re at the game with your kid like Mr. Green shirt was. But if you have those seats how do you not remind yourself during the game that — hey — our ace right fielder might be able to reach in here and catch it?
To the fan’s credit, he looked sufficiently shamed. And hey, at least it didn’t end up costing Philly the ballgame. But gee whiz.
(screen cap by Dan McQuade)
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)