Jul 9, 2010, 11:12 AM EDT
The fact that Jayson Werth has a lot of suitors might suit him just fine, because he’s not exactly enamored with Phillies fans right now. Well, at least one of them.
Last night Werth ranged over the the first base line to try and catch a foul ball. And he probably would have gotten it if it hadn’t been for a fan pulling a Bartman and catching it himself. Check out
the video here.
Look, I get the whole “caught up in the moment” thing, especially when you’re at the game with your kid like Mr. Green shirt was. But if you have those seats how do you not remind yourself during the game that — hey — our ace right fielder might be able to reach in here and catch it?
To the fan’s credit, he looked sufficiently shamed. And hey, at least it didn’t end up costing Philly the ballgame. But gee whiz.
(screen cap by Dan McQuade)
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)