Jul 9, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal tweets that Roy Oswalt — the proud owner of a full no-trade clause — would use that clause to block trades to either the Tigers or the White Sox.
He doesn’t say why he doesn’t want to go to those two teams. He’s been reported to be exceedingly fond of life down south, though, so maybe he just doesn’t want to go to some northern city. Until someone tells me different, I’m going to choose to believe that it’s some long-simmering, three-way family vendetta that goes back 100 years involving The Guillen, Leyland and Oswalt families and something about the fabled trade route between Venezuela, Toledo, Ohio and Kosciusko, Mississippi.
Regardless, that would rule out the little Rick Porcello audition being for the benefit of Mr. Wade.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)