Jul 9, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal tweets that Roy Oswalt — the proud owner of a full no-trade clause — would use that clause to block trades to either the Tigers or the White Sox.
He doesn’t say why he doesn’t want to go to those two teams. He’s been reported to be exceedingly fond of life down south, though, so maybe he just doesn’t want to go to some northern city. Until someone tells me different, I’m going to choose to believe that it’s some long-simmering, three-way family vendetta that goes back 100 years involving The Guillen, Leyland and Oswalt families and something about the fabled trade route between Venezuela, Toledo, Ohio and Kosciusko, Mississippi.
Regardless, that would rule out the little Rick Porcello audition being for the benefit of Mr. Wade.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 13
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 81
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (82)