Jul 9, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal tweets that Roy Oswalt — the proud owner of a full no-trade clause — would use that clause to block trades to either the Tigers or the White Sox.
He doesn’t say why he doesn’t want to go to those two teams. He’s been reported to be exceedingly fond of life down south, though, so maybe he just doesn’t want to go to some northern city. Until someone tells me different, I’m going to choose to believe that it’s some long-simmering, three-way family vendetta that goes back 100 years involving The Guillen, Leyland and Oswalt families and something about the fabled trade route between Venezuela, Toledo, Ohio and Kosciusko, Mississippi.
Regardless, that would rule out the little Rick Porcello audition being for the benefit of Mr. Wade.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 5
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 8
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 7
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)