Jul 9, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal tweets that Roy Oswalt — the proud owner of a full no-trade clause — would use that clause to block trades to either the Tigers or the White Sox.
He doesn’t say why he doesn’t want to go to those two teams. He’s been reported to be exceedingly fond of life down south, though, so maybe he just doesn’t want to go to some northern city. Until someone tells me different, I’m going to choose to believe that it’s some long-simmering, three-way family vendetta that goes back 100 years involving The Guillen, Leyland and Oswalt families and something about the fabled trade route between Venezuela, Toledo, Ohio and Kosciusko, Mississippi.
Regardless, that would rule out the little Rick Porcello audition being for the benefit of Mr. Wade.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)