Jul 9, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal tweets that Roy Oswalt — the proud owner of a full no-trade clause — would use that clause to block trades to either the Tigers or the White Sox.
He doesn’t say why he doesn’t want to go to those two teams. He’s been reported to be exceedingly fond of life down south, though, so maybe he just doesn’t want to go to some northern city. Until someone tells me different, I’m going to choose to believe that it’s some long-simmering, three-way family vendetta that goes back 100 years involving The Guillen, Leyland and Oswalt families and something about the fabled trade route between Venezuela, Toledo, Ohio and Kosciusko, Mississippi.
Regardless, that would rule out the little Rick Porcello audition being for the benefit of Mr. Wade.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)