Jul 9, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Released by the Cubs last week, Chad Tracy has signed a minor-league contract with the Yankees.
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that Tracy will head to Triple-A, where he’ll “provide protection for Alex Rodriguez and his sometimes balky hip.” Which is true, kind of, except there’s little chance of the Yankees actually giving Tracy significant playing time at third base should Rodriguez be sidelined.
Tracy had a nice three-season run for the Diamondbacks from 2005-2007, but hasn’t been healthy or effective since then, hitting just .253/.308/.394 in 629 plate appearances while missing chunks of time with various injuries.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 27
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)