Jul 10, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Several players have bowed out of Tuesday’s All-Star Game this weekend due to injuries. Let’s recap:
Jose Reyes aggravated a right oblique injury on a long throw in Saturday’s game and will rest up instead of heading out to Anaheim, according to ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin. Reyes is hoping the All-Star break will allow him to avoid the disabled list. The Dodgers’ Rafael Furcal, batting .333/.373/.519, will replace him.
Justin Morneau suffered a mild concussion earlier this week and is still showing some minor symptoms. He bowed out Saturday, according to MLB.com’s Kelly Thesier, and Paul Konerko of the White Sox will replace him. Konerko has a .298/.379/.557 batting line, 20 home runs and 62 RBI through 289 at-bats.
Jason Heyward finally decided Saturday to remove himself from the National League All-Star roster, reports Dave O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He has been rehabbing a bruised thumb for a few weeks and remains on the disabled list. A replacement has not been named, but do-it-all Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez seems like a nice fit. CarGo was on MLB’s “Final Vote” ballot, but lost out to Reds first baseman Joey Votto.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)