Jul 10, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Several players have bowed out of Tuesday’s All-Star Game this weekend due to injuries. Let’s recap:
Jose Reyes aggravated a right oblique injury on a long throw in Saturday’s game and will rest up instead of heading out to Anaheim, according to ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin. Reyes is hoping the All-Star break will allow him to avoid the disabled list. The Dodgers’ Rafael Furcal, batting .333/.373/.519, will replace him.
Justin Morneau suffered a mild concussion earlier this week and is still showing some minor symptoms. He bowed out Saturday, according to MLB.com’s Kelly Thesier, and Paul Konerko of the White Sox will replace him. Konerko has a .298/.379/.557 batting line, 20 home runs and 62 RBI through 289 at-bats.
Jason Heyward finally decided Saturday to remove himself from the National League All-Star roster, reports Dave O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He has been rehabbing a bruised thumb for a few weeks and remains on the disabled list. A replacement has not been named, but do-it-all Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez seems like a nice fit. CarGo was on MLB’s “Final Vote” ballot, but lost out to Reds first baseman Joey Votto.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)