Jul 10, 2010, 8:53 AM EDT
Remember how Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com wondered out loud why the Tigers would push back Rick Porcello’s start with Triple-A Toledo, suggesting it could be trade-related? Yeah, according to Jason Beck of MLB.com, Tigers manager Jim Leyland didn’t take too kindly to that.
“There’s a rumor going around, I don’t know if anybody’s read it, about
Rick Porcello being traded,” Leyland said. “I want to make this
perfectly clear: That is a blatant lie. I don’t even know where it came
from. That’s a blatant lie and it’s irresponsible journalism. There’s not
a chance that Rick Porcello is going to be traded. That’s a lie. That’s
not even speculation. That’s a total lie. …
Ouch. You’re still okay in our book, Morosi.
Perhaps most importantly, Leyland also said that Porcello will return to the big leagues for next weekend’s series against the Indians. I don’t want Leyland to get mad at me by speculating, but the fact that the Tigers requested Porcello’s next start be pushed back by a day may have something to do with that.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)