Jul 10, 2010, 8:53 AM EST
Remember how Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com wondered out loud why the Tigers would push back Rick Porcello’s start with Triple-A Toledo, suggesting it could be trade-related? Yeah, according to Jason Beck of MLB.com, Tigers manager Jim Leyland didn’t take too kindly to that.
“There’s a rumor going around, I don’t know if anybody’s read it, about
Rick Porcello being traded,” Leyland said. “I want to make this
perfectly clear: That is a blatant lie. I don’t even know where it came
from. That’s a blatant lie and it’s irresponsible journalism. There’s not
a chance that Rick Porcello is going to be traded. That’s a lie. That’s
not even speculation. That’s a total lie. …
Ouch. You’re still okay in our book, Morosi.
Perhaps most importantly, Leyland also said that Porcello will return to the big leagues for next weekend’s series against the Indians. I don’t want Leyland to get mad at me by speculating, but the fact that the Tigers requested Porcello’s next start be pushed back by a day may have something to do with that.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)