Jul 10, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Sources tell Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com that the Phillies, Dodgers, Reds, White Sox, Angels and Yankees all had scouts in attendance for last night’s game between the Marlins and Diamondbacks.
This is notable because Dan Haren and Ricky Nolasco, two potential trade targets with Cliff Lee off the market, were matched up in Friday’s game.
Again, there’s no way to know how many of the scouts were there to watch Haren or Nolasco specifically, but nearly all of the teams mentioned above are in the market for starting pitching.
By the way, Nolasco outdueled Haren, allowing two runs over seven innings as part of a 3-2 win.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)