Jul 10, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
Sources tell Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com that the Phillies, Dodgers, Reds, White Sox, Angels and Yankees all had scouts in attendance for last night’s game between the Marlins and Diamondbacks.
This is notable because Dan Haren and Ricky Nolasco, two potential trade targets with Cliff Lee off the market, were matched up in Friday’s game.
Again, there’s no way to know how many of the scouts were there to watch Haren or Nolasco specifically, but nearly all of the teams mentioned above are in the market for starting pitching.
By the way, Nolasco outdueled Haren, allowing two runs over seven innings as part of a 3-2 win.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)