Jul 10, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
Sources tell Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com that the Phillies, Dodgers, Reds, White Sox, Angels and Yankees all had scouts in attendance for last night’s game between the Marlins and Diamondbacks.
This is notable because Dan Haren and Ricky Nolasco, two potential trade targets with Cliff Lee off the market, were matched up in Friday’s game.
Again, there’s no way to know how many of the scouts were there to watch Haren or Nolasco specifically, but nearly all of the teams mentioned above are in the market for starting pitching.
By the way, Nolasco outdueled Haren, allowing two runs over seven innings as part of a 3-2 win.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (119)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)