Jul 11, 2010, 5:22 PM EDT
We have yet another roster shakeup for Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
According to the Oakland A’s official Twitter feed, Angels starter Jered Weaver, who was picked to replace Trevor Cahill on the American League All-Star roster, has now pulled out of the game because he is on the mound this afternoon and pitching in the exhibition would throw off his normal rest schedule.
A’s closer Andrew Bailey has been named as his replacement, marking the second consecutive year that he will be honored along with baseball’s elite at the Midsummer Classic.
Bailey, 26, has a 1.75 ERA, a 1.00 WHIP and 17 saves in 20 chances this season. He is the first Athletic to be named to two straight All-Star games since Mark Mulder was selected in both 2003 and 2004.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final