Jul 11, 2010, 5:22 PM EDT
We have yet another roster shakeup for Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
According to the Oakland A’s official Twitter feed, Angels starter Jered Weaver, who was picked to replace Trevor Cahill on the American League All-Star roster, has now pulled out of the game because he is on the mound this afternoon and pitching in the exhibition would throw off his normal rest schedule.
A’s closer Andrew Bailey has been named as his replacement, marking the second consecutive year that he will be honored along with baseball’s elite at the Midsummer Classic.
Bailey, 26, has a 1.75 ERA, a 1.00 WHIP and 17 saves in 20 chances this season. He is the first Athletic to be named to two straight All-Star games since Mark Mulder was selected in both 2003 and 2004.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)