Jul 11, 2010, 5:22 PM EDT
We have yet another roster shakeup for Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
According to the Oakland A’s official Twitter feed, Angels starter Jered Weaver, who was picked to replace Trevor Cahill on the American League All-Star roster, has now pulled out of the game because he is on the mound this afternoon and pitching in the exhibition would throw off his normal rest schedule.
A’s closer Andrew Bailey has been named as his replacement, marking the second consecutive year that he will be honored along with baseball’s elite at the Midsummer Classic.
Bailey, 26, has a 1.75 ERA, a 1.00 WHIP and 17 saves in 20 chances this season. He is the first Athletic to be named to two straight All-Star games since Mark Mulder was selected in both 2003 and 2004.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)