Jul 11, 2010, 5:22 PM EDT
We have yet another roster shakeup for Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
According to the Oakland A’s official Twitter feed, Angels starter Jered Weaver, who was picked to replace Trevor Cahill on the American League All-Star roster, has now pulled out of the game because he is on the mound this afternoon and pitching in the exhibition would throw off his normal rest schedule.
A’s closer Andrew Bailey has been named as his replacement, marking the second consecutive year that he will be honored along with baseball’s elite at the Midsummer Classic.
Bailey, 26, has a 1.75 ERA, a 1.00 WHIP and 17 saves in 20 chances this season. He is the first Athletic to be named to two straight All-Star games since Mark Mulder was selected in both 2003 and 2004.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 26
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 36
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)