Jul 11, 2010, 5:22 PM EDT
We have yet another roster shakeup for Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
According to the Oakland A’s official Twitter feed, Angels starter Jered Weaver, who was picked to replace Trevor Cahill on the American League All-Star roster, has now pulled out of the game because he is on the mound this afternoon and pitching in the exhibition would throw off his normal rest schedule.
A’s closer Andrew Bailey has been named as his replacement, marking the second consecutive year that he will be honored along with baseball’s elite at the Midsummer Classic.
Bailey, 26, has a 1.75 ERA, a 1.00 WHIP and 17 saves in 20 chances this season. He is the first Athletic to be named to two straight All-Star games since Mark Mulder was selected in both 2003 and 2004.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)