Jul 12, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
Tom Haudricourt just tweeted something pretty eye-opening:
Just had long talk with agent Scott Boras about
Prince Fielder. I’ve never been more convinced that Brewers have 0%
chance of keeping him . . . When Boras starts talking about “rare
commodities,” teams such as the Brewers have no chance of retaining the
player without breaking bank.
It’s probably way too early to seriously handicap Prince Fielder’s free agency scenarios, but given how much money the Phillies gave to Ryan Howard — a guy who, however nice his past has been, doesn’t have as promising a future as Fielder does — I agree that the odds don’t favor the Brewers doing what Boras and Fielder think is necessary to keep him.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)