Jul 12, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt just tweeted something pretty eye-opening:
Just had long talk with agent Scott Boras about
Prince Fielder. I’ve never been more convinced that Brewers have 0%
chance of keeping him . . . When Boras starts talking about “rare
commodities,” teams such as the Brewers have no chance of retaining the
player without breaking bank.
It’s probably way too early to seriously handicap Prince Fielder’s free agency scenarios, but given how much money the Phillies gave to Ryan Howard — a guy who, however nice his past has been, doesn’t have as promising a future as Fielder does — I agree that the odds don’t favor the Brewers doing what Boras and Fielder think is necessary to keep him.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)