Jul 12, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Dollars to donuts that he’s killed three anger management counselors in a blind rage. Paul Sullivan:
Carlos Zambrano won’t return to the Cubs in the Phillies series
that begins the second half of the season Thursday. The Cubs insist they
don’t know when Zambrano, who’s on the restricted list, will be back,
or when he can begin his rehab, or even if he’s done with his anger
management therapy. “We’re still in limbo,” Piniella said.
I’m sure the Cubs don’t mind. Given how he pitched before his blowup he’s worth more to the Cubs as a roster-space-freeing body on the restricted list than he is as a pitcher. I mean, sure, I suppose they’d like him to not be crazy and stuff anymore, but people are better served by not allowing themselves to disappear into fantasy land.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59