Jul 12, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Dollars to donuts that he’s killed three anger management counselors in a blind rage. Paul Sullivan:
Carlos Zambrano won’t return to the Cubs in the Phillies series
that begins the second half of the season Thursday. The Cubs insist they
don’t know when Zambrano, who’s on the restricted list, will be back,
or when he can begin his rehab, or even if he’s done with his anger
management therapy. “We’re still in limbo,” Piniella said.
I’m sure the Cubs don’t mind. Given how he pitched before his blowup he’s worth more to the Cubs as a roster-space-freeing body on the restricted list than he is as a pitcher. I mean, sure, I suppose they’d like him to not be crazy and stuff anymore, but people are better served by not allowing themselves to disappear into fantasy land.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)