Jul 12, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
As expected, David Price of the Rays and Ubaldo Jimenez of the Rockies were officially named the All-Star starters in a press conference this afternoon.
Price was a relatively easy pick for the AL, as he leads the league in both ERA (2.42) and wins (12) while ranking second in Quality Starts.
Jimenez’s recent struggles pushed his ERA from 1.15 to 2.20 in the past five starts and I would have given the nod to Josh Johnson and his league-leading 1.70 ERA, but between Jimenez’s early season dominance and shiny 15-1 record the Rockies’ ace was never in doubt as the actual pick.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)