Jul 12, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
As expected, David Price of the Rays and Ubaldo Jimenez of the Rockies were officially named the All-Star starters in a press conference this afternoon.
Price was a relatively easy pick for the AL, as he leads the league in both ERA (2.42) and wins (12) while ranking second in Quality Starts.
Jimenez’s recent struggles pushed his ERA from 1.15 to 2.20 in the past five starts and I would have given the nod to Josh Johnson and his league-leading 1.70 ERA, but between Jimenez’s early season dominance and shiny 15-1 record the Rockies’ ace was never in doubt as the actual pick.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)