Jul 12, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
As expected, David Price of the Rays and Ubaldo Jimenez of the Rockies were officially named the All-Star starters in a press conference this afternoon.
Price was a relatively easy pick for the AL, as he leads the league in both ERA (2.42) and wins (12) while ranking second in Quality Starts.
Jimenez’s recent struggles pushed his ERA from 1.15 to 2.20 in the past five starts and I would have given the nod to Josh Johnson and his league-leading 1.70 ERA, but between Jimenez’s early season dominance and shiny 15-1 record the Rockies’ ace was never in doubt as the actual pick.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (81)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (75)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (73)