Jul 12, 2010, 10:31 PM EDT
“That’s going to take a couple hours off my night.”
– Detroit Tigers All-Star Justin Verlander, discussing how an increased role in the All-Star game will impact his social life.
Verlander was joking, obviously, when asked to compare his first All-Star appearance in 2007, when he hardly expected to get into the game, versus his current role as one of the veteran pitchers on a young AL staff.
It’s good to know he has his priorities straight. After all, the Tigers are in
first place, second place, a half game behind the White Sox. Who knows, maybe home-field advantage in the World Series could mean something for the Tigers. How late is Disneyland open, anyway?
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)