Jul 12, 2010, 10:31 PM EDT
“That’s going to take a couple hours off my night.”
- Detroit Tigers All-Star Justin Verlander, discussing how an increased role in the All-Star game will impact his social life.
Verlander was joking, obviously, when asked to compare his first All-Star appearance in 2007, when he hardly expected to get into the game, versus his current role as one of the veteran pitchers on a young AL staff.
It’s good to know he has his priorities straight. After all, the Tigers are in
first place, second place, a half game behind the White Sox. Who knows, maybe home-field advantage in the World Series could mean something for the Tigers. How late is Disneyland open, anyway?
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)