Jul 12, 2010, 10:31 PM EDT
“That’s going to take a couple hours off my night.”
– Detroit Tigers All-Star Justin Verlander, discussing how an increased role in the All-Star game will impact his social life.
Verlander was joking, obviously, when asked to compare his first All-Star appearance in 2007, when he hardly expected to get into the game, versus his current role as one of the veteran pitchers on a young AL staff.
It’s good to know he has his priorities straight. After all, the Tigers are in
first place, second place, a half game behind the White Sox. Who knows, maybe home-field advantage in the World Series could mean something for the Tigers. How late is Disneyland open, anyway?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 26
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)