Jul 12, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Just ask people who like dog races, cockfights and NFL football: a little friendly wagering can turn something totally awful into a lot of fun! That’s how we’re approaching the Home Run Derby, anyway. And it’s less wagering than it is a contest, but at least picking a dog in this race will give you a reason to watch it.
Drew has the details here, which is also where you can make your entry. The winner gets a free post on HBT on any (vaguely baseball-related) topic you want. I mean, sure, we’ll scrub out all of your F-bombs, 9/11 conspiracy theories and Star Trek slash fiction, but otherwise the post is yours if you win it.
So click over and make an entry now, campers. The more of you who enter, the harder it will be for Drew to sift through and find the winners, and that makes it fun for all of us. Except Drew!
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)