Jul 12, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Just ask people who like dog races, cockfights and NFL football: a little friendly wagering can turn something totally awful into a lot of fun! That’s how we’re approaching the Home Run Derby, anyway. And it’s less wagering than it is a contest, but at least picking a dog in this race will give you a reason to watch it.
Drew has the details here, which is also where you can make your entry. The winner gets a free post on HBT on any (vaguely baseball-related) topic you want. I mean, sure, we’ll scrub out all of your F-bombs, 9/11 conspiracy theories and Star Trek slash fiction, but otherwise the post is yours if you win it.
So click over and make an entry now, campers. The more of you who enter, the harder it will be for Drew to sift through and find the winners, and that makes it fun for all of us. Except Drew!
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 16
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)