Jul 12, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Back in my day “getting serious” meant that you had made her a mix tape but you hadn’t moved past making out. I’m not sure what the kids mean by that today. And I’m not really sure what the Chicago Tribune’s Phil Rogers means by it either, but here’s what he’s saying:
Rays appear to be getting serious about Brewers’ Corey Hart. TB has pitching to trade with Futures starter Jeremy Hellickson ready.
I’m going to assume that means that the Rays would slide Hellickson into the big league rotation and trade someone else, because to trade Hellickson for Hart would be insane. There have been rumors about the Rays being willing to offer most of their starters at some point or another this year with the exception of David Price, so they could be shopping anyone. Whatever the case, the Rays could use a bat and Hart has swung a good one this year (.288/.349/.569).
We’ll know if this rumor has any legs if the Rays invite Hart in to meet their parents.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)