Jul 12, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Back in my day “getting serious” meant that you had made her a mix tape but you hadn’t moved past making out. I’m not sure what the kids mean by that today. And I’m not really sure what the Chicago Tribune’s Phil Rogers means by it either, but here’s what he’s saying:
Rays appear to be getting serious about Brewers’ Corey Hart. TB has pitching to trade with Futures starter Jeremy Hellickson ready.
I’m going to assume that means that the Rays would slide Hellickson into the big league rotation and trade someone else, because to trade Hellickson for Hart would be insane. There have been rumors about the Rays being willing to offer most of their starters at some point or another this year with the exception of David Price, so they could be shopping anyone. Whatever the case, the Rays could use a bat and Hart has swung a good one this year (.288/.349/.569).
We’ll know if this rumor has any legs if the Rays invite Hart in to meet their parents.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)