Jul 12, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Back in my day “getting serious” meant that you had made her a mix tape but you hadn’t moved past making out. I’m not sure what the kids mean by that today. And I’m not really sure what the Chicago Tribune’s Phil Rogers means by it either, but here’s what he’s saying:
Rays appear to be getting serious about Brewers’ Corey Hart. TB has pitching to trade with Futures starter Jeremy Hellickson ready.
I’m going to assume that means that the Rays would slide Hellickson into the big league rotation and trade someone else, because to trade Hellickson for Hart would be insane. There have been rumors about the Rays being willing to offer most of their starters at some point or another this year with the exception of David Price, so they could be shopping anyone. Whatever the case, the Rays could use a bat and Hart has swung a good one this year (.288/.349/.569).
We’ll know if this rumor has any legs if the Rays invite Hart in to meet their parents.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)