Jul 12, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Back in my day “getting serious” meant that you had made her a mix tape but you hadn’t moved past making out. I’m not sure what the kids mean by that today. And I’m not really sure what the Chicago Tribune’s Phil Rogers means by it either, but here’s what he’s saying:
Rays appear to be getting serious about Brewers’ Corey Hart. TB has pitching to trade with Futures starter Jeremy Hellickson ready.
I’m going to assume that means that the Rays would slide Hellickson into the big league rotation and trade someone else, because to trade Hellickson for Hart would be insane. There have been rumors about the Rays being willing to offer most of their starters at some point or another this year with the exception of David Price, so they could be shopping anyone. Whatever the case, the Rays could use a bat and Hart has swung a good one this year (.288/.349/.569).
We’ll know if this rumor has any legs if the Rays invite Hart in to meet their parents.
- Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 5
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 11
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)