Jul 12, 2010, 10:09 AM EST
Back in my day “getting serious” meant that you had made her a mix tape but you hadn’t moved past making out. I’m not sure what the kids mean by that today. And I’m not really sure what the Chicago Tribune’s Phil Rogers means by it either, but here’s what he’s saying:
Rays appear to be getting serious about Brewers’ Corey Hart. TB has pitching to trade with Futures starter Jeremy Hellickson ready.
I’m going to assume that means that the Rays would slide Hellickson into the big league rotation and trade someone else, because to trade Hellickson for Hart would be insane. There have been rumors about the Rays being willing to offer most of their starters at some point or another this year with the exception of David Price, so they could be shopping anyone. Whatever the case, the Rays could use a bat and Hart has swung a good one this year (.288/.349/.569).
We’ll know if this rumor has any legs if the Rays invite Hart in to meet their parents.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)