Jul 12, 2010, 2:31 AM EDT
ANAHEIM, Calif. – The All-Star game is a great opportunity to see baseball royalty in action, as most of the game’s best players will all be together in one spot.
But who are the true greats, the so called bucket-list players who every fan should see play at least once? For help in these matters, we went to the players themselves and asked for their opinions. This is what they said.
Here is an excerpt from Indians reliever Chris Perez, speaking of Albert Pujols …
“I was fortunate enough to play with him my first year in the big leagues, and I got to see his work ethic and what kind of person he is. I don’t think there’s anybody better in the game than him, honestly. Thirty years from now, I think it’d be pretty special to say I played with Albert Pujols and watch him strap it up for a season.”
Check out the story to see who else the players love.
And join us in a Twitter chat Monday morning at 11 a.m. ET to share your own thoughts. Make sure you include the #mlbbucket tag when you send your Tweet.
- Watch Live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators