Jul 12, 2010, 2:31 AM EDT
ANAHEIM, Calif. – The All-Star game is a great opportunity to see baseball royalty in action, as most of the game’s best players will all be together in one spot.
But who are the true greats, the so called bucket-list players who every fan should see play at least once? For help in these matters, we went to the players themselves and asked for their opinions. This is what they said.
Here is an excerpt from Indians reliever Chris Perez, speaking of Albert Pujols …
“I was fortunate enough to play with him my first year in the big leagues, and I got to see his work ethic and what kind of person he is. I don’t think there’s anybody better in the game than him, honestly. Thirty years from now, I think it’d be pretty special to say I played with Albert Pujols and watch him strap it up for a season.”
Check out the story to see who else the players love.
And join us in a Twitter chat Monday morning at 11 a.m. ET to share your own thoughts. Make sure you include the #mlbbucket tag when you send your Tweet.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)