Jul 12, 2010, 2:31 AM EST
ANAHEIM, Calif. – The All-Star game is a great opportunity to see baseball royalty in action, as most of the game’s best players will all be together in one spot.
But who are the true greats, the so called bucket-list players who every fan should see play at least once? For help in these matters, we went to the players themselves and asked for their opinions. This is what they said.
Here is an excerpt from Indians reliever Chris Perez, speaking of Albert Pujols …
“I was fortunate enough to play with him my first year in the big leagues, and I got to see his work ethic and what kind of person he is. I don’t think there’s anybody better in the game than him, honestly. Thirty years from now, I think it’d be pretty special to say I played with Albert Pujols and watch him strap it up for a season.”
Check out the story to see who else the players love.
And join us in a Twitter chat Monday morning at 11 a.m. ET to share your own thoughts. Make sure you include the #mlbbucket tag when you send your Tweet.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)