Jul 12, 2010, 2:31 AM EST
ANAHEIM, Calif. – The All-Star game is a great opportunity to see baseball royalty in action, as most of the game’s best players will all be together in one spot.
But who are the true greats, the so called bucket-list players who every fan should see play at least once? For help in these matters, we went to the players themselves and asked for their opinions. This is what they said.
Here is an excerpt from Indians reliever Chris Perez, speaking of Albert Pujols …
“I was fortunate enough to play with him my first year in the big leagues, and I got to see his work ethic and what kind of person he is. I don’t think there’s anybody better in the game than him, honestly. Thirty years from now, I think it’d be pretty special to say I played with Albert Pujols and watch him strap it up for a season.”
Check out the story to see who else the players love.
And join us in a Twitter chat Monday morning at 11 a.m. ET to share your own thoughts. Make sure you include the #mlbbucket tag when you send your Tweet.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)