Jul 13, 2010, 1:12 PM EST
The way I see it, you have a choice: you can watch the All-Star Game and make wisecracks to yourself tonight, or you can watch the All-Star Game and make wisecracks to a group of like-minded people. No contest, really, which is why you should show up here tonight for HardballTalk’s All-Star Game Live Chat.
Proceedings will get rolling around the time player introductions begin. D.J. Short will be emceeing things, so it will be up to him to decide if you have to stop chatting during the Steinbrenner moment of silence. D.J. is a Mets fan, though, so he may be pretty lax about it. In no case will anyone make you be quiet while Joe Buck gropes for gravitas while talking about Big Stein. Because really, no one wants to hear that.
So come on down tonight and get your chat on. Broadcast starts at 8PM. Awkward remembrances start at 8:01, interminable player introductions around 8:10, figure on a bad National Anthem at 8:23 and, after a lot of commercials people will be making fun of for the next week, the game is supposed to start at 8:30. I figure 8:42, but I suppose we can all start betting on that once the chat goes live.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)