Jul 13, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
The way I see it, you have a choice: you can watch the All-Star Game and make wisecracks to yourself tonight, or you can watch the All-Star Game and make wisecracks to a group of like-minded people. No contest, really, which is why you should show up here tonight for HardballTalk’s All-Star Game Live Chat.
Proceedings will get rolling around the time player introductions begin. D.J. Short will be emceeing things, so it will be up to him to decide if you have to stop chatting during the Steinbrenner moment of silence. D.J. is a Mets fan, though, so he may be pretty lax about it. In no case will anyone make you be quiet while Joe Buck gropes for gravitas while talking about Big Stein. Because really, no one wants to hear that.
So come on down tonight and get your chat on. Broadcast starts at 8PM. Awkward remembrances start at 8:01, interminable player introductions around 8:10, figure on a bad National Anthem at 8:23 and, after a lot of commercials people will be making fun of for the next week, the game is supposed to start at 8:30. I figure 8:42, but I suppose we can all start betting on that once the chat goes live.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)