Join us tonight for an All-Star Game Live Chat

Jul 13, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT

The way I see it, you have a choice: you can watch the All-Star Game and make wisecracks to yourself tonight, or you can watch the All-Star Game and make wisecracks to a group of like-minded people.  No contest, really, which is why you should show up here tonight for HardballTalk’s All-Star Game Live Chat.

Proceedings will get rolling around the time player introductions begin. D.J. Short will be emceeing things, so it will be up to him to decide if you have to stop chatting during the Steinbrenner moment of silence. D.J. is a Mets fan, though, so he may be pretty lax about it.  In no case will anyone make you be quiet while Joe Buck gropes for gravitas while talking about Big Stein. Because really, no one wants to hear that.

So come on down tonight and get your chat on.  Broadcast starts at 8PM. Awkward remembrances start at 8:01, interminable player introductions around 8:10, figure on a bad National Anthem at 8:23 and, after a lot of commercials people will be making fun of for the next week, the game is supposed to start at 8:30. I figure 8:42, but I suppose we can all start betting on that once the chat goes live.

1. Chris Fiorentino - Jul 13, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Joe Buck groping for gravitas like Lenny Dykstra groping his crotch 30 times an at bat. The All Star Game…it’s faaaaaaaaan-tastic

2. JBerardi - Jul 13, 2010 at 1:52 PM

“In no case will anyone make you be quiet while Joe Buck gropes for gravitas while talking about Big Stein… Awkward remembrances start at 8:01, interminable player introductions around 8:10, figure on a bad National Anthem at 8:23 and, after a lot of commercials people will be making fun of for the next week,”

Craig, you’re the greatest. Really.

3. Jonny5 - Jul 13, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Ok Craig, I call the NL to win it with their overwhelming pitching they’ll be rolling out tonight. What’s your call?

4. YankeesfanLen - Jul 13, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Jonny, with Girardi guiding the fired-up mini Universe, I’ll bet 5 horsemeat-and-velveetas on the AL.

5. Jonny5 - Jul 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM

You’re on Len. BTW, no mini universe with no MO. ;>P. And I’ll take my Horsemeat with provolone, only tourists get it with “DA WIZ”. I wonder if Cholly has the balls to use little Timmy L. to close it out???

Final take away from World Series