Jul 13, 2010, 12:12 PM EST
Corey Hart fizzled in the second round of the Home Run Derby last night, but he’s still sizzling as a trade commodity. Today John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Giants — who we’ve known are interested for a while now — the Rays
and the Padres are all interested in the Brewers’ outfielder.
Given the competition, Milwaukee should be able to make out nicely on the guy. A guy who was on
the brink of being benched as the season kicked off, by the way. Now, however, Hart is hitting .288/.349/.569
with 21 home runs and 65 RBI in 338 plate appearances. All three of those teams could desperately use a bat with some whump to it and you can imagine that they’ll never surrender until he’s traded.
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)