Jul 13, 2010, 4:09 PM EST
Rosenthal and Morosi are reporting that the Red Sox and Royals have spoken within the past ten days about David Dejesus. Nothing has come of it yet — duh, he’s still on the Royals — but there are suggestions that the talk will continue.
Hey, I love me Darnell McDonald as much as the next guy, but he’s a better story than he is an everyday bat in a championship lineup. With so much uncertainty surrounding Jacoby Ellsbury’s return — and with so many other banged up guys — DeJesus would be a boon to the Red Sox.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)