Jul 13, 2010, 4:09 PM EDT
Rosenthal and Morosi are reporting that the Red Sox and Royals have spoken within the past ten days about David Dejesus. Nothing has come of it yet — duh, he’s still on the Royals — but there are suggestions that the talk will continue.
Hey, I love me Darnell McDonald as much as the next guy, but he’s a better story than he is an everyday bat in a championship lineup. With so much uncertainty surrounding Jacoby Ellsbury’s return — and with so many other banged up guys — DeJesus would be a boon to the Red Sox.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 23
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 78
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)