Jul 13, 2010, 4:09 PM EDT
Rosenthal and Morosi are reporting that the Red Sox and Royals have spoken within the past ten days about David Dejesus. Nothing has come of it yet — duh, he’s still on the Royals — but there are suggestions that the talk will continue.
Hey, I love me Darnell McDonald as much as the next guy, but he’s a better story than he is an everyday bat in a championship lineup. With so much uncertainty surrounding Jacoby Ellsbury’s return — and with so many other banged up guys — DeJesus would be a boon to the Red Sox.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 34
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)