Jul 13, 2010, 4:09 PM EDT
Rosenthal and Morosi are reporting that the Red Sox and Royals have spoken within the past ten days about David Dejesus. Nothing has come of it yet — duh, he’s still on the Royals — but there are suggestions that the talk will continue.
Hey, I love me Darnell McDonald as much as the next guy, but he’s a better story than he is an everyday bat in a championship lineup. With so much uncertainty surrounding Jacoby Ellsbury’s return — and with so many other banged up guys — DeJesus would be a boon to the Red Sox.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 10
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)