Jul 14, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Jason Heyward hasn’t played in a game since June 25th due to a messed up thumb, but he took batting practice with the NL All-Stars yesterday and said he’s feeling good.
Heyward is hitting .251/.366/.455 with 11 home runs and 46 RBI but was doing way better than that rate-wise before his thumb got injured and he basically went 0 for June. If he can come back with something close to the effectiveness he had in April and May, the Braves will be overjoyed, what with them not having any useful outfielders or anything.
Of course, the Braves ascension to first place coincided quite nicely with Heyward falling off a cliff, so what the hell do I know?
- Carlos Beltran diagnosed with facial fractures after batting practice mishap 7
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 27
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 45
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (169)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)