Jul 14, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Jason Heyward hasn’t played in a game since June 25th due to a messed up thumb, but he took batting practice with the NL All-Stars yesterday and said he’s feeling good.
Heyward is hitting .251/.366/.455 with 11 home runs and 46 RBI but was doing way better than that rate-wise before his thumb got injured and he basically went 0 for June. If he can come back with something close to the effectiveness he had in April and May, the Braves will be overjoyed, what with them not having any useful outfielders or anything.
Of course, the Braves ascension to first place coincided quite nicely with Heyward falling off a cliff, so what the hell do I know?
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president, Al Avila takes over 0
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 28
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 22
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 89
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)