Jul 14, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Jason Heyward hasn’t played in a game since June 25th due to a messed up thumb, but he took batting practice with the NL All-Stars yesterday and said he’s feeling good.
Heyward is hitting .251/.366/.455 with 11 home runs and 46 RBI but was doing way better than that rate-wise before his thumb got injured and he basically went 0 for June. If he can come back with something close to the effectiveness he had in April and May, the Braves will be overjoyed, what with them not having any useful outfielders or anything.
Of course, the Braves ascension to first place coincided quite nicely with Heyward falling off a cliff, so what the hell do I know?
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)