Jul 14, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Jason Heyward hasn’t played in a game since June 25th due to a messed up thumb, but he took batting practice with the NL All-Stars yesterday and said he’s feeling good.
Heyward is hitting .251/.366/.455 with 11 home runs and 46 RBI but was doing way better than that rate-wise before his thumb got injured and he basically went 0 for June. If he can come back with something close to the effectiveness he had in April and May, the Braves will be overjoyed, what with them not having any useful outfielders or anything.
Of course, the Braves ascension to first place coincided quite nicely with Heyward falling off a cliff, so what the hell do I know?
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)