Jul 14, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Jason Heyward hasn’t played in a game since June 25th due to a messed up thumb, but he took batting practice with the NL All-Stars yesterday and said he’s feeling good.
Heyward is hitting .251/.366/.455 with 11 home runs and 46 RBI but was doing way better than that rate-wise before his thumb got injured and he basically went 0 for June. If he can come back with something close to the effectiveness he had in April and May, the Braves will be overjoyed, what with them not having any useful outfielders or anything.
Of course, the Braves ascension to first place coincided quite nicely with Heyward falling off a cliff, so what the hell do I know?
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)