Jul 14, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Note: when you and Al Sharpton are both quoted in a news article, and Sharpton comes off 100 times more reasonable than you do, you probably need to be confined someplace where you can’t do harm to yourself or others. Or at the very least, be fitted with a special helmet. Rush Limbaugh’s comments on the passing of George Steinbrenner, ladies and gentlemen:
“That cracker made a lot of African-American millionaires . . . He fired a bunch of white guys as managers left and
I try not to get too political around here, but let me say this much: if your first thought about George Steinbrenner’s legacy was the race of some of the players who played for him and the managers he fired, what don’t you see in primarily racial terms? And if you see every issue that crosses your radar screen in primarily racial terms, what good are you as a political pundit?
None, really. You’re just an inciter and, in all likelihood, a jackass who can’t even be useful to people who subscribe to your political beliefs in the first place. I’m a big pinko, of course, but even if I was a far right conservative, I’d have to seriously question what value Limbaugh has to the issues that were important to me given his racial fixation.
Limbaugh was forced to resign from his ESPN football gig several years ago because he thought Donovan McNabb was overrated by the media because he was black. That was dumb. His comments about Steinbrenner are far, far dumber. I ignore him approximately 99.9999999% of the time as it is. I really wish he’d stay the heck out of sports so I can ignore him the other .0000001% of the time as well.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)