Jul 14, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Note: when you and Al Sharpton are both quoted in a news article, and Sharpton comes off 100 times more reasonable than you do, you probably need to be confined someplace where you can’t do harm to yourself or others. Or at the very least, be fitted with a special helmet. Rush Limbaugh’s comments on the passing of George Steinbrenner, ladies and gentlemen:
“That cracker made a lot of African-American millionaires . . . He fired a bunch of white guys as managers left and
I try not to get too political around here, but let me say this much: if your first thought about George Steinbrenner’s legacy was the race of some of the players who played for him and the managers he fired, what don’t you see in primarily racial terms? And if you see every issue that crosses your radar screen in primarily racial terms, what good are you as a political pundit?
None, really. You’re just an inciter and, in all likelihood, a jackass who can’t even be useful to people who subscribe to your political beliefs in the first place. I’m a big pinko, of course, but even if I was a far right conservative, I’d have to seriously question what value Limbaugh has to the issues that were important to me given his racial fixation.
Limbaugh was forced to resign from his ESPN football gig several years ago because he thought Donovan McNabb was overrated by the media because he was black. That was dumb. His comments about Steinbrenner are far, far dumber. I ignore him approximately 99.9999999% of the time as it is. I really wish he’d stay the heck out of sports so I can ignore him the other .0000001% of the time as well.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 34
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)