Jul 14, 2010, 8:30 AM EST
Note: when you and Al Sharpton are both quoted in a news article, and Sharpton comes off 100 times more reasonable than you do, you probably need to be confined someplace where you can’t do harm to yourself or others. Or at the very least, be fitted with a special helmet. Rush Limbaugh’s comments on the passing of George Steinbrenner, ladies and gentlemen:
“That cracker made a lot of African-American millionaires . . . He fired a bunch of white guys as managers left and
I try not to get too political around here, but let me say this much: if your first thought about George Steinbrenner’s legacy was the race of some of the players who played for him and the managers he fired, what don’t you see in primarily racial terms? And if you see every issue that crosses your radar screen in primarily racial terms, what good are you as a political pundit?
None, really. You’re just an inciter and, in all likelihood, a jackass who can’t even be useful to people who subscribe to your political beliefs in the first place. I’m a big pinko, of course, but even if I was a far right conservative, I’d have to seriously question what value Limbaugh has to the issues that were important to me given his racial fixation.
Limbaugh was forced to resign from his ESPN football gig several years ago because he thought Donovan McNabb was overrated by the media because he was black. That was dumb. His comments about Steinbrenner are far, far dumber. I ignore him approximately 99.9999999% of the time as it is. I really wish he’d stay the heck out of sports so I can ignore him the other .0000001% of the time as well.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 0
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 21
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)