Jul 14, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
Buster Olney reports that the Braves “continue to have
interest” in Cody Ross of the Marlins. Which, considering there hadn’t been any previous reports that I know of in which the Braves expressed interest in the first place is rather odd, but hey, why not?
Ross is hitting 282/.332/.415 with seven homers and 46 RBI. While that’s not fantastic or anything, the Braves’ centerfielders are pretty pathetic. I mean really: Atlanta is eager to get Nate McLouth back and he’s hitting .176/.295/.282. Really, beyond Jason Heyward, there has been zero production from the Braves’ outfield this year, so the addition of Ross — if he doesn’t come at too steep a price — would be a good one.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)