Jul 14, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
Buster Olney reports that the Braves “continue to have
interest” in Cody Ross of the Marlins. Which, considering there hadn’t been any previous reports that I know of in which the Braves expressed interest in the first place is rather odd, but hey, why not?
Ross is hitting 282/.332/.415 with seven homers and 46 RBI. While that’s not fantastic or anything, the Braves’ centerfielders are pretty pathetic. I mean really: Atlanta is eager to get Nate McLouth back and he’s hitting .176/.295/.282. Really, beyond Jason Heyward, there has been zero production from the Braves’ outfield this year, so the addition of Ross — if he doesn’t come at too steep a price — would be a good one.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)