Jul 14, 2010, 9:50 AM EST
Buster Olney reports that the Braves “continue to have
interest” in Cody Ross of the Marlins. Which, considering there hadn’t been any previous reports that I know of in which the Braves expressed interest in the first place is rather odd, but hey, why not?
Ross is hitting 282/.332/.415 with seven homers and 46 RBI. While that’s not fantastic or anything, the Braves’ centerfielders are pretty pathetic. I mean really: Atlanta is eager to get Nate McLouth back and he’s hitting .176/.295/.282. Really, beyond Jason Heyward, there has been zero production from the Braves’ outfield this year, so the addition of Ross — if he doesn’t come at too steep a price — would be a good one.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 26
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 75
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (103)