Jul 14, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
Buster Olney reports that the Braves “continue to have
interest” in Cody Ross of the Marlins. Which, considering there hadn’t been any previous reports that I know of in which the Braves expressed interest in the first place is rather odd, but hey, why not?
Ross is hitting 282/.332/.415 with seven homers and 46 RBI. While that’s not fantastic or anything, the Braves’ centerfielders are pretty pathetic. I mean really: Atlanta is eager to get Nate McLouth back and he’s hitting .176/.295/.282. Really, beyond Jason Heyward, there has been zero production from the Braves’ outfield this year, so the addition of Ross — if he doesn’t come at too steep a price — would be a good one.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 9
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 143
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39