Jul 15, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Jason Heyward didn’t push it and try to return for the All-Star Game, but he is in Thursday’s lineup as the right fielder against the Brewers.
Heyward, who was sidelined with a bone bruise in his left thumb, will hit second between Martin Prado and Chipper Jones tonight. It had turned into his usual spot before he went on the DL, but because the thumb injury had been affecting his play for so long, he’s batted just .236/.333/.374 in 30 games as a No. 2 hitter.
Thursday’s game will also mark the Braves debut of shortstop Alex Gonzalez. Even though he’s a very different hitter than the man he’s replacing, Yunel Escobar, he’ll hit in the same spot in the order initially: seventh.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)