Jul 15, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Jason Heyward didn’t push it and try to return for the All-Star Game, but he is in Thursday’s lineup as the right fielder against the Brewers.
Heyward, who was sidelined with a bone bruise in his left thumb, will hit second between Martin Prado and Chipper Jones tonight. It had turned into his usual spot before he went on the DL, but because the thumb injury had been affecting his play for so long, he’s batted just .236/.333/.374 in 30 games as a No. 2 hitter.
Thursday’s game will also mark the Braves debut of shortstop Alex Gonzalez. Even though he’s a very different hitter than the man he’s replacing, Yunel Escobar, he’ll hit in the same spot in the order initially: seventh.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)