Jul 15, 2010, 2:14 PM EDT
Joe Cowley of the Sun-Times thinks so. If for no other reason than because he thinks the Marlins would be eager to snap up Guillen to manage the club when they move into their new ballpark in 2012 (Guillen’s contract runs through 2011).
You may recall that we talked about this last month when the Miami-based blog “City of Champions” reported that the biggest stumbling block to the Marlins hiring a new manager was that they were “infatuated” with Guillen and wanted to leave the door open to him coming there once his deal is up.
I’ve said it time and again: he’s kind of nuts, but I’d hire Ozzie Guillen as a manager in a heartbeat. If that makes me think like Jeff Loria does, so be it. If I’m the White Sox, I lock up Guillen pretty soon.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12