Jul 15, 2010, 2:14 PM EDT
Joe Cowley of the Sun-Times thinks so. If for no other reason than because he thinks the Marlins would be eager to snap up Guillen to manage the club when they move into their new ballpark in 2012 (Guillen’s contract runs through 2011).
You may recall that we talked about this last month when the Miami-based blog “City of Champions” reported that the biggest stumbling block to the Marlins hiring a new manager was that they were “infatuated” with Guillen and wanted to leave the door open to him coming there once his deal is up.
I’ve said it time and again: he’s kind of nuts, but I’d hire Ozzie Guillen as a manager in a heartbeat. If that makes me think like Jeff Loria does, so be it. If I’m the White Sox, I lock up Guillen pretty soon.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)