Jul 15, 2010, 2:14 PM EST
Joe Cowley of the Sun-Times thinks so. If for no other reason than because he thinks the Marlins would be eager to snap up Guillen to manage the club when they move into their new ballpark in 2012 (Guillen’s contract runs through 2011).
You may recall that we talked about this last month when the Miami-based blog “City of Champions” reported that the biggest stumbling block to the Marlins hiring a new manager was that they were “infatuated” with Guillen and wanted to leave the door open to him coming there once his deal is up.
I’ve said it time and again: he’s kind of nuts, but I’d hire Ozzie Guillen as a manager in a heartbeat. If that makes me think like Jeff Loria does, so be it. If I’m the White Sox, I lock up Guillen pretty soon.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (271)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)