Jul 15, 2010, 2:14 PM EDT
Joe Cowley of the Sun-Times thinks so. If for no other reason than because he thinks the Marlins would be eager to snap up Guillen to manage the club when they move into their new ballpark in 2012 (Guillen’s contract runs through 2011).
You may recall that we talked about this last month when the Miami-based blog “City of Champions” reported that the biggest stumbling block to the Marlins hiring a new manager was that they were “infatuated” with Guillen and wanted to leave the door open to him coming there once his deal is up.
I’ve said it time and again: he’s kind of nuts, but I’d hire Ozzie Guillen as a manager in a heartbeat. If that makes me think like Jeff Loria does, so be it. If I’m the White Sox, I lock up Guillen pretty soon.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)