Jul 15, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
Right after I got done reading that giant McCourts article posted below, I read Bill Shaikin’s article in the Los Angeles Times which reports the judge in the McCourts’ divorce case saying — contrary to what Frank McCourt has been insisting for months — that the Dodgers may have to go on the block:
“The parties are unintentionally pushing the court toward an interesting
position — selling the asset which is being fought over”
That comment comes after months of wrangling over legal fees and arguments between Frank and Jamie in which each of them tried to portray themselves — at varying times — as the richer or the poorer than the other, depending on which tack suited them at the time.
As the legal experts in the article note, the judge’s comment about the team having to go up for sale were most likely a warning to Frank and Jamie to stop their bickering. A nuclear option, if you will, that probably won’t be taken but could be if everyone doesn’t start behaving first. But even if it’s unlikely, it is most certainly something the judge could order if things get bad enough.
And after everything we’ve seen with the Rangers, the last thing anyone wants to go through at this point is another acrimonious franchise sale.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)