Jul 16, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
This isn’t quite in ironing-your-shirt-while-still-wearing-it or in carrying-deer-meat-up-stairs territory, but it’s still pretty good:
[Mat]Latos, who is tied for third in the National League with 10 victories,
will be placed on the 15-day disabled list on Friday with a strain to
his left side.
Latos said he suffered the injury attempting to hold back a sneeze on
Friday in Colorado, a day after he improved to 10-4 and lowered his ERA
2.45 with a victory in Washington.
“I held my sneeze walking down the [dugout] steps and felt a little
pull,” Latos said just before a workout at PETCO Park in advance of
Friday’s game against Arizona, the first game of the second half of the
You couldn’t make something like that up. At least I don’t think you could. I mean, you’d need a real good reason to tell a tale of a minor injury as silly as that. A real good reason indeed.
The decision to place Latos on the disabled list coincides with a
planned break for the 22-year-old, as the Padres are closely watching
his innings and workload.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)