Jul 16, 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
This isn’t quite in ironing-your-shirt-while-still-wearing-it or in carrying-deer-meat-up-stairs territory, but it’s still pretty good:
[Mat]Latos, who is tied for third in the National League with 10 victories,
will be placed on the 15-day disabled list on Friday with a strain to
his left side.
Latos said he suffered the injury attempting to hold back a sneeze on
Friday in Colorado, a day after he improved to 10-4 and lowered his ERA
2.45 with a victory in Washington.
“I held my sneeze walking down the [dugout] steps and felt a little
pull,” Latos said just before a workout at PETCO Park in advance of
Friday’s game against Arizona, the first game of the second half of the
You couldn’t make something like that up. At least I don’t think you could. I mean, you’d need a real good reason to tell a tale of a minor injury as silly as that. A real good reason indeed.
The decision to place Latos on the disabled list coincides with a
planned break for the 22-year-old, as the Padres are closely watching
his innings and workload.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)