Jul 16, 2010, 9:50 AM EST
This isn’t quite in ironing-your-shirt-while-still-wearing-it or in carrying-deer-meat-up-stairs territory, but it’s still pretty good:
[Mat]Latos, who is tied for third in the National League with 10 victories,
will be placed on the 15-day disabled list on Friday with a strain to
his left side.
Latos said he suffered the injury attempting to hold back a sneeze on
Friday in Colorado, a day after he improved to 10-4 and lowered his ERA
2.45 with a victory in Washington.
“I held my sneeze walking down the [dugout] steps and felt a little
pull,” Latos said just before a workout at PETCO Park in advance of
Friday’s game against Arizona, the first game of the second half of the
You couldn’t make something like that up. At least I don’t think you could. I mean, you’d need a real good reason to tell a tale of a minor injury as silly as that. A real good reason indeed.
The decision to place Latos on the disabled list coincides with a
planned break for the 22-year-old, as the Padres are closely watching
his innings and workload.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 38
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)