Jul 16, 2010, 11:28 AM EDT
If you think Bill Lee hated George Steinbrenner, get a load of this rant from Muhammed Cohen (neat name!) of the Guardian:
Steinbrenner, who died on Tuesday at age 80, was a bully and a brat, devoid of humility, class, and
civility, born on third base, deluded that he’d hit a triple, and
convinced he had to tell the whole world how he’d done it. Famed for his
bombast and for making himself bigger than his players and team,
tolerated only because he had money and power, this Yankee Doodle Dandy
born on the Fourth of July paved the way for America to become a loser
by his example.
It just goes on and on like that. The factual examples of Steinbrenner’s flaws are basically accurate, but Cohen’s vitriol at at those flaws seems massively out of proportion.
God love a free press (which they have even in the UK), but Cohen should probably not plan any trips to Yankee Stadium anytime soon.
(thanks to ‘Duk over at Big League Stew for the head’s up)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)