Jul 16, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Just when it looked like Erik Bedard was ready to rejoin the Mariners’ rotation the oft-injured left-hander has suffered yet another setback.
Initially expected to come off the disabled list last week, those plans were canceled and Bedard was then scheduled for a bullpen session over the weekend. Once those were ruled out too he was then slated to simply play catch yesterday, but even that proved too much for Bedard’s surgically repaired shoulder.
He felt discomfort while throwing off flat ground and Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times reports that Bedard will be examined next week by the Mariners’ team doctor, with an MRI exam and/or CATscan likely on the docket. In other words, Bedard might be back to square one. He hasn’t faced big-league hitters since July 25, 2009.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)