Jul 16, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Just when it looked like Erik Bedard was ready to rejoin the Mariners’ rotation the oft-injured left-hander has suffered yet another setback.
Initially expected to come off the disabled list last week, those plans were canceled and Bedard was then scheduled for a bullpen session over the weekend. Once those were ruled out too he was then slated to simply play catch yesterday, but even that proved too much for Bedard’s surgically repaired shoulder.
He felt discomfort while throwing off flat ground and Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times reports that Bedard will be examined next week by the Mariners’ team doctor, with an MRI exam and/or CATscan likely on the docket. In other words, Bedard might be back to square one. He hasn’t faced big-league hitters since July 25, 2009.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)