Jul 16, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
We’ve heard several times that the Diamondbacks want a ton in return for Dan Haren, but every team peddling top talent says stuff like that so I haven’t given it much thought. Jon Heyman reports today, however, that Arizona is really serious:
One GM said he heard the asking price for Haren, who is reasonably
salaried (he’s due $12.75M next season) for a bona fide young ace and
signed through 2012, is two starters plus bullpen help.
Deep thought: why would any team with two starters to spare that anyone else would want need to to trade for Dan Haren?
Methinks he’s not going anywhere.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?