Jul 16, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
We’ve heard several times that the Diamondbacks want a ton in return for Dan Haren, but every team peddling top talent says stuff like that so I haven’t given it much thought. Jon Heyman reports today, however, that Arizona is really serious:
One GM said he heard the asking price for Haren, who is reasonably
salaried (he’s due $12.75M next season) for a bona fide young ace and
signed through 2012, is two starters plus bullpen help.
Deep thought: why would any team with two starters to spare that anyone else would want need to to trade for Dan Haren?
Methinks he’s not going anywhere.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)