Jul 16, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
We’ve heard several times that the Diamondbacks want a ton in return for Dan Haren, but every team peddling top talent says stuff like that so I haven’t given it much thought. Jon Heyman reports today, however, that Arizona is really serious:
One GM said he heard the asking price for Haren, who is reasonably
salaried (he’s due $12.75M next season) for a bona fide young ace and
signed through 2012, is two starters plus bullpen help.
Deep thought: why would any team with two starters to spare that anyone else would want need to to trade for Dan Haren?
Methinks he’s not going anywhere.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights