Jul 16, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
We’ve heard several times that the Diamondbacks want a ton in return for Dan Haren, but every team peddling top talent says stuff like that so I haven’t given it much thought. Jon Heyman reports today, however, that Arizona is really serious:
One GM said he heard the asking price for Haren, who is reasonably
salaried (he’s due $12.75M next season) for a bona fide young ace and
signed through 2012, is two starters plus bullpen help.
Deep thought: why would any team with two starters to spare that anyone else would want need to to trade for Dan Haren?
Methinks he’s not going anywhere.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)