Jul 16, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
We’ve heard several times that the Diamondbacks want a ton in return for Dan Haren, but every team peddling top talent says stuff like that so I haven’t given it much thought. Jon Heyman reports today, however, that Arizona is really serious:
One GM said he heard the asking price for Haren, who is reasonably
salaried (he’s due $12.75M next season) for a bona fide young ace and
signed through 2012, is two starters plus bullpen help.
Deep thought: why would any team with two starters to spare that anyone else would want need to to trade for Dan Haren?
Methinks he’s not going anywhere.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)