Ken Rosenthal gets told by Derrek Lee

Jul 16, 2010, 1:13 PM EST

This is fun.

Rosenthal and Morosi on Wednesday re: Derrek Lee’s no-trade clause:

” . . . some friends of the Cubs first baseman said this week that
they believe he would accept a deal to the right team.”

Derrek Lee about Rosenthal today:

“I would bet that
not one of my friends knows who Ken Rosenthal is

I dunno. Maybe Rosenthal is like Prince and he uses the word “friends” as a synonym for “fans” or something. Or maybe I’m just getting vocal tone wrong again and I was missing the hard inflection placed on the world “friends,” and Rosenthal really means “enemies.” Or maybe when he says “Cubs first baseman” he means Leon Durham.

1. Buccofan - Jul 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Leon “The Bull” Durham, perhaps the only quality major league regular my HS ever produced.

2. MG19 - Jul 16, 2010 at 1:38 PM

powned

3. Jonny5 - Jul 16, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I love it. I like Derrek Lee a little bit now. I love how he puts into perspective the constant BS spewing forth about pro sports figures by journalists. I would bet that Rosie just invented the whole “friends” thing because he’s pretty sure he knows Lee would accept a deal with the right team.

4. Cambodian Breast Milk - Jul 16, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Rosenthal is HORRIBLE. I don’t understand how FOX employs him. He’s like the quiet gay guy that covers baseball.

5. Utley's hair - Jul 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Friends=Carlos Zambrano

6. DualLeads - Jul 16, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Pundits don’t have inside info on SQUAT!

7. nps6724 - Jul 16, 2010 at 2:22 PM

He was awesome for the Twins.

8. Old Gator - Jul 16, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Always nice to see a sports journalist get put near his place (as opposed to in his place, which would have required Derreck to hold Rosenthal upside down while opening the outhouse door with his foot).

9. Paper Lions - Jul 16, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Agree with others, can’t stand Rosenthal…don’t like his writing, don’t like his constant gossip passed off as information, and don’t like him as a “side-line” reporter.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. J. Kang (2766)
  2. W. Myers (2524)
  3. D. Ross (2169)
  4. C. McGehee (2113)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (1965)
  1. J. Shields (1864)