Jul 16, 2010, 1:13 PM EST
This is fun.
Rosenthal and Morosi on Wednesday re: Derrek Lee’s no-trade clause:
” . . . some friends of the Cubs first baseman said this week that
they believe he would accept a deal to the right team.”
“I would bet that
not one of my friends knows who Ken Rosenthal is
I dunno. Maybe Rosenthal is like Prince and he uses the word “friends” as a synonym for “fans” or something. Or maybe I’m just getting vocal tone wrong again and I was missing the hard inflection placed on the world “friends,” and Rosenthal really means “enemies.” Or maybe when he says “Cubs first baseman” he means Leon Durham.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)