Jul 16, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Wakamatsu said a table fell on Branyan’s left foot this morning in
his hotel room, cutting and bruising a toe. “He went to close the curtains this morning at 5,” Wakamatsu said.
“He knocked over the table and it landed on his foot.”
You ever knock over a table? It’s not that easy. You really have to smash into the damn thing. I mean, it’s a table; it’s designed to stay upright.
My guess: he was trying to move the table to make more room on the impromptu dance floor he and the 16 flight attendants he had brought back to his room were using. Branyan parties really get going at about 5AM.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)