Jul 16, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Wakamatsu said a table fell on Branyan’s left foot this morning in
his hotel room, cutting and bruising a toe. “He went to close the curtains this morning at 5,” Wakamatsu said.
“He knocked over the table and it landed on his foot.”
You ever knock over a table? It’s not that easy. You really have to smash into the damn thing. I mean, it’s a table; it’s designed to stay upright.
My guess: he was trying to move the table to make more room on the impromptu dance floor he and the 16 flight attendants he had brought back to his room were using. Branyan parties really get going at about 5AM.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 11
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 96
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (96)