Jul 16, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Wakamatsu said a table fell on Branyan’s left foot this morning in
his hotel room, cutting and bruising a toe. “He went to close the curtains this morning at 5,” Wakamatsu said.
“He knocked over the table and it landed on his foot.”
You ever knock over a table? It’s not that easy. You really have to smash into the damn thing. I mean, it’s a table; it’s designed to stay upright.
My guess: he was trying to move the table to make more room on the impromptu dance floor he and the 16 flight attendants he had brought back to his room were using. Branyan parties really get going at about 5AM.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)