Jul 16, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Wakamatsu said a table fell on Branyan’s left foot this morning in
his hotel room, cutting and bruising a toe. “He went to close the curtains this morning at 5,” Wakamatsu said.
“He knocked over the table and it landed on his foot.”
You ever knock over a table? It’s not that easy. You really have to smash into the damn thing. I mean, it’s a table; it’s designed to stay upright.
My guess: he was trying to move the table to make more room on the impromptu dance floor he and the 16 flight attendants he had brought back to his room were using. Branyan parties really get going at about 5AM.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)