Jul 16, 2010, 10:27 AM EST
Ruben Amaro tells the Philly Inquirer that, though he wants to pick up a pitcher before the deadline, he isn’t optimistic that he’s going to be able to:
Do we have to have another pitcher? No. Would I like to add some
pitching? Yeah. I think we need to get healthy. I think we’re getting
Amaro notes that there were only two deals featuring starting pitching before last year’s deadline — Jarrod Washburn to the Tigers and Cliff Lee to Philly — and that he doesn’t expect there to be a lot of movement in pitching this year either.
Anyone for Roy Halladay on two-day’s rest for the remainder of the season? Because that would be cool.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)