Jul 16, 2010, 10:27 AM EDT
Ruben Amaro tells the Philly Inquirer that, though he wants to pick up a pitcher before the deadline, he isn’t optimistic that he’s going to be able to:
Do we have to have another pitcher? No. Would I like to add some
pitching? Yeah. I think we need to get healthy. I think we’re getting
Amaro notes that there were only two deals featuring starting pitching before last year’s deadline — Jarrod Washburn to the Tigers and Cliff Lee to Philly — and that he doesn’t expect there to be a lot of movement in pitching this year either.
Anyone for Roy Halladay on two-day’s rest for the remainder of the season? Because that would be cool.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)