Jul 16, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
Rob Bradford reports that the Rangers are “still monitoring the status” of Mike Lowell and may still consider trading for him if he shows that he’s healthy.
The Rangers, of course, have been hot and cold about Lowell since at least last December when they had a trade in place for him only to have his health put the kibosh on the thing. Having just traded Justin Smoak, Lowell might be some nice insurance in the event that Chris Davis doesn’t hack it at first. And even if Davis acquits himself nicely, a playoff team — like the Rangers appear to be — could certainly use an extra veteran bat.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)