Jul 16, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
Rob Bradford reports that the Rangers are “still monitoring the status” of Mike Lowell and may still consider trading for him if he shows that he’s healthy.
The Rangers, of course, have been hot and cold about Lowell since at least last December when they had a trade in place for him only to have his health put the kibosh on the thing. Having just traded Justin Smoak, Lowell might be some nice insurance in the event that Chris Davis doesn’t hack it at first. And even if Davis acquits himself nicely, a playoff team — like the Rangers appear to be — could certainly use an extra veteran bat.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)