Jul 16, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
Rob Bradford reports that the Rangers are “still monitoring the status” of Mike Lowell and may still consider trading for him if he shows that he’s healthy.
The Rangers, of course, have been hot and cold about Lowell since at least last December when they had a trade in place for him only to have his health put the kibosh on the thing. Having just traded Justin Smoak, Lowell might be some nice insurance in the event that Chris Davis doesn’t hack it at first. And even if Davis acquits himself nicely, a playoff team — like the Rangers appear to be — could certainly use an extra veteran bat.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)