Jul 16, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
Rob Bradford reports that the Rangers are “still monitoring the status” of Mike Lowell and may still consider trading for him if he shows that he’s healthy.
The Rangers, of course, have been hot and cold about Lowell since at least last December when they had a trade in place for him only to have his health put the kibosh on the thing. Having just traded Justin Smoak, Lowell might be some nice insurance in the event that Chris Davis doesn’t hack it at first. And even if Davis acquits himself nicely, a playoff team — like the Rangers appear to be — could certainly use an extra veteran bat.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)