Jul 16, 2010, 6:14 PM EDT
At the risk of Derrek Lee coming out and saying that no one on the Yankees knows Ken Rosenthal, the FOX scoopsmith (eh? OK, I won’t say that again) reports that the Yankees would love to have Adam Dunn and Joakim Soria.
Hard to say what level of interest this really is, but boy howdy would it be scary for everyone in the American League if New York got either of these guys. Dunn and that right field porch in Yankee Stadium would be a match made in heaven. A one-two punch of Soria and Rivera would be unfair in the extreme. It’d be fun to see even if it would be practically obscene that one of the league’s best closers was working as a setup man in the Bronx.
This just smells like chitchat, though, not anything New York can really be considering. I can picture a conversation in which Rosenthal’s Yankee source says “well, we tried for Lee, but beyond that we’re not going to do much.” When pushed he says “well, hell, we’d love to have Adam Dunn or Joakim Soria . . .”
And yes, I make up conversations like that all the time. It’s fun!
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 15
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 71
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 13
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 92
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)