Jul 16, 2010, 6:14 PM EDT
At the risk of Derrek Lee coming out and saying that no one on the Yankees knows Ken Rosenthal, the FOX scoopsmith (eh? OK, I won’t say that again) reports that the Yankees would love to have Adam Dunn and Joakim Soria.
Hard to say what level of interest this really is, but boy howdy would it be scary for everyone in the American League if New York got either of these guys. Dunn and that right field porch in Yankee Stadium would be a match made in heaven. A one-two punch of Soria and Rivera would be unfair in the extreme. It’d be fun to see even if it would be practically obscene that one of the league’s best closers was working as a setup man in the Bronx.
This just smells like chitchat, though, not anything New York can really be considering. I can picture a conversation in which Rosenthal’s Yankee source says “well, we tried for Lee, but beyond that we’re not going to do much.” When pushed he says “well, hell, we’d love to have Adam Dunn or Joakim Soria . . .”
And yes, I make up conversations like that all the time. It’s fun!
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)