Jul 16, 2010, 6:14 PM EST
At the risk of Derrek Lee coming out and saying that no one on the Yankees knows Ken Rosenthal, the FOX scoopsmith (eh? OK, I won’t say that again) reports that the Yankees would love to have Adam Dunn and Joakim Soria.
Hard to say what level of interest this really is, but boy howdy would it be scary for everyone in the American League if New York got either of these guys. Dunn and that right field porch in Yankee Stadium would be a match made in heaven. A one-two punch of Soria and Rivera would be unfair in the extreme. It’d be fun to see even if it would be practically obscene that one of the league’s best closers was working as a setup man in the Bronx.
This just smells like chitchat, though, not anything New York can really be considering. I can picture a conversation in which Rosenthal’s Yankee source says “well, we tried for Lee, but beyond that we’re not going to do much.” When pushed he says “well, hell, we’d love to have Adam Dunn or Joakim Soria . . .”
And yes, I make up conversations like that all the time. It’s fun!
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)