Jul 16, 2010, 6:14 PM EST
At the risk of Derrek Lee coming out and saying that no one on the Yankees knows Ken Rosenthal, the FOX scoopsmith (eh? OK, I won’t say that again) reports that the Yankees would love to have Adam Dunn and Joakim Soria.
Hard to say what level of interest this really is, but boy howdy would it be scary for everyone in the American League if New York got either of these guys. Dunn and that right field porch in Yankee Stadium would be a match made in heaven. A one-two punch of Soria and Rivera would be unfair in the extreme. It’d be fun to see even if it would be practically obscene that one of the league’s best closers was working as a setup man in the Bronx.
This just smells like chitchat, though, not anything New York can really be considering. I can picture a conversation in which Rosenthal’s Yankee source says “well, we tried for Lee, but beyond that we’re not going to do much.” When pushed he says “well, hell, we’d love to have Adam Dunn or Joakim Soria . . .”
And yes, I make up conversations like that all the time. It’s fun!
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 87
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)