Jul 19, 2010, 4:48 PM EDT
I’m not sure if Ken Macha’s various complaints had anything do with it, but MLB has suspended Braves rookie reliever Jonny Venters four games for plunking Prince Fielder in the back Saturday.
Venters also threw a pitch over Fielder’s head on the previous offering after the Brewers first baseman tied the game with a homer his last time up.
Braves manager Bobby Cox has also been suspended one game for the incident, although he met with Macha the next day and reportedly smoothed things over.
Asked about the meeting afterward, Macha said: “Bobby and I are friends. We talked about the situation. Bobby understands his side, and Bobby understands my side.”
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)