Jul 19, 2010, 4:48 PM EST
I’m not sure if Ken Macha’s various complaints had anything do with it, but MLB has suspended Braves rookie reliever Jonny Venters four games for plunking Prince Fielder in the back Saturday.
Venters also threw a pitch over Fielder’s head on the previous offering after the Brewers first baseman tied the game with a homer his last time up.
Braves manager Bobby Cox has also been suspended one game for the incident, although he met with Macha the next day and reportedly smoothed things over.
Asked about the meeting afterward, Macha said: “Bobby and I are friends. We talked about the situation. Bobby understands his side, and Bobby understands my side.”
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)