Jul 19, 2010, 1:14 PM EDT
That’s what Buster Olney is saying the Marlins are saying. And I can only think that the reason the Marlins are saying that is because the Braves — a division and geographic rival — are the team that has been mentioned with the greatest interest in the Ross.
Don’t get me wrong, Ross is a nice player. But he’s not worth a king’s ransom. For the Marlins to be saying he is is because (a) they really do want to make the Braves pay through the nose for him; or (b) if they do unload him to a division rival, they want to portray the haul they get in return for him in those terms, whether or not it truly is that rich a haul.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)