Jul 19, 2010, 1:14 PM EDT
That’s what Buster Olney is saying the Marlins are saying. And I can only think that the reason the Marlins are saying that is because the Braves — a division and geographic rival — are the team that has been mentioned with the greatest interest in the Ross.
Don’t get me wrong, Ross is a nice player. But he’s not worth a king’s ransom. For the Marlins to be saying he is is because (a) they really do want to make the Braves pay through the nose for him; or (b) if they do unload him to a division rival, they want to portray the haul they get in return for him in those terms, whether or not it truly is that rich a haul.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 80
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)