Jul 19, 2010, 9:16 AM EDT
Corey Brock of MLB.com is reporting that the Padres are going to give manager Bud Black a three-year
Good move. There are any number of ways to explain the Padres’ unexpected success this year, but whether its about motivating a team to play above its head, about bringing along a young and talented pitching staff or any other reason, you have to give Bud Black a big share of the credit for it.
Not that there was any lack of confidence in Black before this year’s great performance. By all accounts, Padres’ management has had total faith in Black since he was hired before the 2007 season, and given Bruce Bochy’s long tenure at the helm before Black, its a team that definitely — and admirably — prefers stability in the dugout.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 79
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)