Jul 19, 2010, 3:16 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox are talking to the Rockies about Chris Iannetta. Rosenthal doesn’t see it going anywhere and neither do I, really.
I know the Sox are hurt now, but sometime soon they’re going to have Victor Martinez and Jason Vairtek back and not a lot of room for a third, offensive-oriented catcher on the roster. The Sox should get well first – and as fast as they can — and see where they are before making a deal like this.
There’s always room for pitching, on the other hand, and given how things are going for the Sox, any help in the outfield would be welcome before a catching upgrade is made, no?
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 26
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)