Jul 19, 2010, 3:16 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox are talking to the Rockies about Chris Iannetta. Rosenthal doesn’t see it going anywhere and neither do I, really.
I know the Sox are hurt now, but sometime soon they’re going to have Victor Martinez and Jason Vairtek back and not a lot of room for a third, offensive-oriented catcher on the roster. The Sox should get well first – and as fast as they can — and see where they are before making a deal like this.
There’s always room for pitching, on the other hand, and given how things are going for the Sox, any help in the outfield would be welcome before a catching upgrade is made, no?
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 65
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)