Jul 19, 2010, 3:16 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox are talking to the Rockies about Chris Iannetta. Rosenthal doesn’t see it going anywhere and neither do I, really.
I know the Sox are hurt now, but sometime soon they’re going to have Victor Martinez and Jason Vairtek back and not a lot of room for a third, offensive-oriented catcher on the roster. The Sox should get well first – and as fast as they can — and see where they are before making a deal like this.
There’s always room for pitching, on the other hand, and given how things are going for the Sox, any help in the outfield would be welcome before a catching upgrade is made, no?
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8