Jul 19, 2010, 3:16 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox are talking to the Rockies about Chris Iannetta. Rosenthal doesn’t see it going anywhere and neither do I, really.
I know the Sox are hurt now, but sometime soon they’re going to have Victor Martinez and Jason Vairtek back and not a lot of room for a third, offensive-oriented catcher on the roster. The Sox should get well first – and as fast as they can — and see where they are before making a deal like this.
There’s always room for pitching, on the other hand, and given how things are going for the Sox, any help in the outfield would be welcome before a catching upgrade is made, no?
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (80)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)