Jul 19, 2010, 8:29 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki, out since June 18 due to a fractured left wrist, is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Colorado Springs on Wednesday, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
Tulowitzki has been taking batting practice and fielding groundballs for the past week, but has still has a significant test ahead of him.
“It’s exciting to know that I getting this close. I need to see how it
responds to live pitching,” Tulowitzki said. “It feels good. Everything
has gone well.”
The plan, according to Renck, is for Tulowitzki to play Wednesday and Thursday with the SkySox before joining Double-A Tulsa on Saturday. He’ll spend three days with the Drillers before being re-evaluated by the team next Tuesday. Assuming all goes well, he could be back in the Rockies lineup by as soon as next Wednesday against the Pirates.
Tulowitzki was batting .306/.375/.502 with nine home runs, 34 RBI, seven stolen bases and 47 runs scored before going on the disabled list. The 25-year-old shortstop was elected to the All-Star team for the first time in his career earlier this month.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 20
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)