Jul 19, 2010, 8:29 PM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki, out since June 18 due to a fractured left wrist, is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Colorado Springs on Wednesday, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
Tulowitzki has been taking batting practice and fielding groundballs for the past week, but has still has a significant test ahead of him.
“It’s exciting to know that I getting this close. I need to see how it
responds to live pitching,” Tulowitzki said. “It feels good. Everything
has gone well.”
The plan, according to Renck, is for Tulowitzki to play Wednesday and Thursday with the SkySox before joining Double-A Tulsa on Saturday. He’ll spend three days with the Drillers before being re-evaluated by the team next Tuesday. Assuming all goes well, he could be back in the Rockies lineup by as soon as next Wednesday against the Pirates.
Tulowitzki was batting .306/.375/.502 with nine home runs, 34 RBI, seven stolen bases and 47 runs scored before going on the disabled list. The 25-year-old shortstop was elected to the All-Star team for the first time in his career earlier this month.
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 61
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)