Jul 20, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
The Tigers are suffering through a nightmare losing streak right now, and it just got worse: Brandon Inge broke a bone in his left hand after getting smacked with a Scott Feldman pitch last night and the third baseman is going to miss 4-6 weeks.
In a season when the Tigers are suffering from multiple holes in the lineup the last thing they need is to lose a guy who has given them steady production. Shortstop was already a concern, but with Inge’s loss the entire right side of the infield is in need of fixing.
Possibilities? Johnny Peralta. Mike Lowell. Ty Wigginton. The usual suspects people have mentioned. But it does seem like the Tigers are going to need to make a significant move now, not just to improve a struggling team, but to help cover for Inge’s absence.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)