Jul 20, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
The Tigers are suffering through a nightmare losing streak right now, and it just got worse: Brandon Inge broke a bone in his left hand after getting smacked with a Scott Feldman pitch last night and the third baseman is going to miss 4-6 weeks.
In a season when the Tigers are suffering from multiple holes in the lineup the last thing they need is to lose a guy who has given them steady production. Shortstop was already a concern, but with Inge’s loss the entire right side of the infield is in need of fixing.
Possibilities? Johnny Peralta. Mike Lowell. Ty Wigginton. The usual suspects people have mentioned. But it does seem like the Tigers are going to need to make a significant move now, not just to improve a struggling team, but to help cover for Inge’s absence.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)