Jul 20, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
The Tigers are suffering through a nightmare losing streak right now, and it just got worse: Brandon Inge broke a bone in his left hand after getting smacked with a Scott Feldman pitch last night and the third baseman is going to miss 4-6 weeks.
In a season when the Tigers are suffering from multiple holes in the lineup the last thing they need is to lose a guy who has given them steady production. Shortstop was already a concern, but with Inge’s loss the entire right side of the infield is in need of fixing.
Possibilities? Johnny Peralta. Mike Lowell. Ty Wigginton. The usual suspects people have mentioned. But it does seem like the Tigers are going to need to make a significant move now, not just to improve a struggling team, but to help cover for Inge’s absence.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (159)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)