Jul 20, 2010, 2:44 PM EST
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reported yesterday that the Dodgers “have been very aggressive in their pursuit of pitching” and today Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette quotes “an industry source” who says they’re interested in Pirates left-hander Paul Maholm.
General manager Neal Huntington indicated previously that the Pirates don’t plan to be very active at the trading deadline and Maholm is under contract for $5.75 million next season with a $9.75 million option or $750,000 buyout for 2012.
His win totals are underwhelming in large part because his teammates are always so horrible, but Maholm has a 4.05 ERA in 515 inning during the past three seasons and is still just 28 years old.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 127
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 234
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (234)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)