Jul 21, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
I have the Yankees-Angels game on as background noise, and something neat just happened: Brett Gardner came to the plate in the bottom of the seventh, and got behind 0-2 to Scot Shields. Gardner didn’t like the call on strike two and was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the middle of his at bat. Enter Colin Curtis to finish it off.
Curtis comes in to finish off the at bat and jacks a three-run home run to right field, putting the Yankees up 10-5.
Reason number 1,203,784 baseball is better than football: cool random crap like that happens every single day.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (156)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)