Jul 21, 2010, 4:11 PM EST
I have the Yankees-Angels game on as background noise, and something neat just happened: Brett Gardner came to the plate in the bottom of the seventh, and got behind 0-2 to Scot Shields. Gardner didn’t like the call on strike two and was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the middle of his at bat. Enter Colin Curtis to finish it off.
Curtis comes in to finish off the at bat and jacks a three-run home run to right field, putting the Yankees up 10-5.
Reason number 1,203,784 baseball is better than football: cool random crap like that happens every single day.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (150)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)