Jul 21, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
I have the Yankees-Angels game on as background noise, and something neat just happened: Brett Gardner came to the plate in the bottom of the seventh, and got behind 0-2 to Scot Shields. Gardner didn’t like the call on strike two and was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the middle of his at bat. Enter Colin Curtis to finish it off.
Curtis comes in to finish off the at bat and jacks a three-run home run to right field, putting the Yankees up 10-5.
Reason number 1,203,784 baseball is better than football: cool random crap like that happens every single day.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)