Jul 21, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
I have the Yankees-Angels game on as background noise, and something neat just happened: Brett Gardner came to the plate in the bottom of the seventh, and got behind 0-2 to Scot Shields. Gardner didn’t like the call on strike two and was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the middle of his at bat. Enter Colin Curtis to finish it off.
Curtis comes in to finish off the at bat and jacks a three-run home run to right field, putting the Yankees up 10-5.
Reason number 1,203,784 baseball is better than football: cool random crap like that happens every single day.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 49
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 22
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)