Jul 21, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
I have the Yankees-Angels game on as background noise, and something neat just happened: Brett Gardner came to the plate in the bottom of the seventh, and got behind 0-2 to Scot Shields. Gardner didn’t like the call on strike two and was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the middle of his at bat. Enter Colin Curtis to finish it off.
Curtis comes in to finish off the at bat and jacks a three-run home run to right field, putting the Yankees up 10-5.
Reason number 1,203,784 baseball is better than football: cool random crap like that happens every single day.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)